Frequent Asked question

 What is the mandate of ELDOWAS?

ELDOWAS is mandated to provide water services efficiently and economically in Eldoret town and its environs in compliance with Service Provision Agreement (SPA), as required by the Water Act 2002.


How do I access ELDOWAS services?

You can visit our Customer Service Centres at our Head Office Room 23; Eastern Area Office located in Action; Western area office located at SGA Security building opposite Muchai Estate; Southern Area Office located at Reformed church opposite Hill School and Kesses Office. One can also access more information through our website;


How do I get connected to water and/Sanitation services?

All water connections MUST be applied for by the Land Lord/property owner. You will need to contact Eldoret Water & Sanitation customer care offices near you for more information.


How long does it take to connect my water after application?

It takes a maximum of four (4) working days to complete the process.


How do I know that the water I am supplied with is safe for consumption?

During the water treatment process contaminants are removed from untreated water to produce drinking water that is pure enough for the most critical of its intended uses, usually for human consumption. ELDOWAS ensures that water quality not only relates to the treatment of water, but to its distribution after treatment. All this is in compliance with Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) and World Health Organization (WHO) standards.  


How do I pay for the services/bill?

The company no longer receives cash payments. You can pay for the services through the following pay-points; M-Pesa Paybill No. 511000; Airtel money Paybill ELDOWAS; Standard Chartered Bank A/C No. 0152017704300; Equity Bank- A/C No. 0300294625495;KCB-A/C No.118128184; Co-op Bank A/C No. 01148685815500 and PostBank- A/C No. 0744130011801


How do I know that my meter has been read?

Immediately you receive your bill, check on your consumption. If your consumption indicates zero (0), then your meter has not been read. Confirm immediately from the meter what the current reading is and forward the reading to the customer care centre for re-bill.


Can I read my own meter?

Yes. Customers are encouraged to read their meters especially as soon as they receive their current bill to enable them track their consumptions. However, denying authorized staff access to read the meter is illegal.


How do I get to know the balance of my bill?

ELDOWAS besides delivering sending SMS Bill and E-bill every month, has a customer dedicated line 072455538 one can call to inquire on any of our services. However, as part of service improvement, ELDOWAS has partnered with other service providers and you can inquire your bill balance by texting ELDOWAS and your water A/C No.  e.g. ELDOWAS30XXXXX to 22384 at cost of 6/=.

How do I launch a complaint?

Pay a visit to any of our customer service centres and the customer care staff will assist you lodge in your complaint. Thereafter you will receive a reference number for ease of follow up.

How does ELDOWAS deal with illegal connections?

The company has put in place a monitoring unit to check on illegal connections. Anyone found using water illegally will be prosecuted. The company also encourages its customers to report any suspected illegal connections. ELDOWAS promises to protect the reporters’ anonymity.


What do I need to do if the service has been disconnected
In the event that the service has been removed, you will have to show proof of payment by making full payment of the outstanding balance and a reconnection fee of KES 1,000.00, before the service is restored.


How long does it take for the service to be reconnected after disconnection?

Reconnection of services can take up to 48 hours. Proof of payment received before will ensure same-day processing. Otherwise it will take place the following day.


Am I allowed to reconnect my water after the service has been disconnected?

No. According to the Water Act 2002, it is a criminal offense to reconnect your own water. .

How does ELDOWAS arrive at the cost of billing consumed water?

The cost and price depend on the meter readings. The rates applied are set by the regulator and consumers are only billed what they have consumed.

What are the monthly mandatory standing charges applicable to the service?

As per the current approved water tariff, the charges are as follows; Water KES 144.00, Sewer KES 108.00, Meter rent KES 50.00 and cleansing KES 40.00. These charges are payable to any active account and are subject to change.


What should I do if I suspect that my meter has stopped working/faulty?

Immediately report to the company and the meter will be serviced or replaced free of charge. However, one will be required to pay for a new meter if found to have willfully damaged or tampered with it.


How long does it take to resolve a billing complaint?

It takes one billing cycle which is 20 working days.


Are there charges for reading or servicing the meter?

No. The company staff will read the meter on a monthly basis free of charge. However if a customer feels the bill is too high even though the meter reading is correct, one can pay a meter testing fee of KES 100.00.


Can ELDOWAS deliver water to my premises through a tanker?

Yes. The service is available to residents of Eldoret and its environs. One needs to make a formal request which will be acknowledged after paying for the service. The water will be delivered within 48 Hrs.


How do I conserve water to avoid wastage or high bills?

As the saying goes, “Water is life.” Do not leave the taps dripping or running. Fix leaks immediately and replace a leaking tap/meter. Re-use water instead of pouring it down the drain. Install a simple rain water harvesting system to harvest water during the rainy season.


How do I obtain or pass any information to ELDOWAS relating to the services?

ELDOWAS has installed a 24/7 customer care line 0724255538 to enable our customers reach us. However, one can also pay us a visit at our customer care centres or write or email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


How Do I report contaminated water?

Customers are encouraged to immediately call our customer service centre on 072455538 or report to any of our ELDOWAS customer Service Centres near you. Our technical team will attend to the issue within 24 hrs.  One can also deliver a water sample to our Quality Assurance section located at the head office for testing.


How does the company fight corruption among its employees?

The company has put in place an Integrity and Anti-corruption unit to spearhead awareness, prevention, and detection of corruption activities among its staff. To fight corruption, customers are encouraged to report to the Managing Director any employee demanding for a bribe on 053-2061915.


How do I contact Eldoret Water & Sanitation Company Ltd?

Physical Address: Kampi Somali Rd, off Oloo Street

Box: 8418-30100 ELDORET,Kenya

Phone: 053-2061915, 2063403, Fax: 053-2063556

Mobile: +254 735982225, +254 072455538   

Email:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 

Twitter: @eldowasco

Facebook: Eldowas Page

                        Or contact

Our Customer Care Offices located at;

Eastern Office - Opposite Waiganjo street Next to Robu Cleaning Offices

Western Office - SGA building Opposite Muchai Estate

Southern Office - opposite Hill School

Kesses Office - Kesses