Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company Limited (ELDOWAS) is a corporate entity established under Cap 486 of the laws of Kenya. The County Government of Uasin Gishu is principal shareholder. The Board of Directors of ELDOWAS comprises 9 Directors who represent the interest of various stakeholders.
- Three from the County Government of Uasin Gishu represented by the Chief officers (Chief officer in charge of Finance, Chief officer in charge of Roads , Chief officer in charge of Water and Environment.
- One member from Local professions.
- Three members from Business and Manufacturing.
- Two members from Resident organisations
- The Managing Director.
ELDOWAS was the first water service provider in Kenya to attain certification in international Quality Management Standards ISO 9001:2008. In order to achieve its goals and objectives the company recognizes the need to effectively serve the customers and has developed a Customer Service Charter. The Company has continuously embarked on the application of the Customer Service Charter and services expected of us by our customers. The standards provided are a measure of our performance as we interact with our esteemed customers. We ensure that the Customer Care Desk is operational and within reach of customers. Similarly, feedback from customers will be in focus to continual improvement of service.
ELDOWAS Management is organized in four departments. The Technical Department is responsible for water sources development, water abstraction, treatment and distribution. The Commercial Department is responsible for billing, revenue collection, and customer relations management. Finance Department is responsible for financial management and the Administration Department deals with staff matters and the smooth running of the company.
The company is managed by a Corporate Management Team (CMT) comprising of the Managing Director, Head of Technical Services, Head of Financial Services and Head of Commercial Services.
To be world class water service provider
ELDOWAS is committed to providing quality and adequate water service in a cost effective manner to its stakeholders by a qualified and motivated human resource.
The core values of the company are:
- Customer Focus
The Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company Limited is committed to provide adequate potable water and safe wastewater disposal services within its area of jurisdiction.
This shall be achieved by:
- Providing products and services that meet the needs and expectations of its customers and other relevant interested parties;
- Attracting and retaining highly skilled and motivated staff;
- Solidifying and sustaining financial base to enhance prudent Infrastructural expansion;
- Continual improvement of a Quality Management System modeled on the ISO 9001:2015 International Standards;
- Complying with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Reviewing quality objectives on annual basis;
LVNWSB has engaged ELDOWAS to be a water service provider in Eldoret and its environs through service provision agreement (SPA) as required by the water act 2002. ELDOWAS is therefore required to provide water services efficiently and economically in Eldoret and its environs in compliance with SPA.
All our customers are expected to;
- Pay your bill promptly.
- Facilitate access to meters for proper readings, maintenances and inspection of supply line.
- Report any leakage/burst of water, sewer blockages and vandalism of company facilities.
- Avoid illegal usage of water and sewer facilities.
- Customers shall maintain their sewer lines within their premises and any request to Eldowas to undertake the maintenance shall be at their own cost
- Provide all up to date personal information or otherwise request by the company.
- Treat company staff with courtesy.
- Maintain water facilities after the meter point to avoid loss of water and practice rational use of water.
- Not to compromise Company staff.
- Ensure the meter is well secured.
- Formalize change of residence and termination of contract.