Clients have the following responsibilities
The customer shall;
(Arrangement of payments of accounts by customers including payment of advance deposits.)
- Pay the installation costs of the authorized connection to our water infrastructure and sewerage system and the connection must be approved by ELDOWAS. The connection must be undertaken by a licensed plumber and in accordance with ELDOWAS’s connection requirements, including our Water Services Connection Standards and Wastewater Connection Standards to ensure the safe and reliable supply of services. If you do not comply with these requirements you will be considered to have an unauthorized connection. The following application documents are required; Copy of ID, PIN, Title deed/ Sales agreement/Lease Certificate and Site map.
That in case of commercial and/or residential leased and/or occupied by other person, both the Landlord and the occupant thereof shall be signatories of the contract and shall jointly and severally liable for the bills and damages in case of breach thereof.
- Be charged for the quantity of water measured by the meter, unless the meter is faulty and we are required to adjust what we charge you. If a meter is stopped or damaged, an estimated usage will be calculated on a basis that is representative of your usage pattern. Billing shall be based on the individual meter readings in accordance to applicable approved water charges , plus other associated charges including but not limited to water meter maintenance fee, sewerage fees, environmental fees and others charges that may apply.
- The CUSTOMER shall pay a Meter Testing Fee as approved and Shall allow ELDOWAS’s authorized representatives to enter his/ her premises, during office hours or official overtime, for purposes of inspection of plumbing fixtures including meter testing, or as specified in the Maintenance Order, Service Request and/or Inspection. If the meter is found to be defective, ELDOWAS shall undertake to replace the meter at no cost to you and recalculate the bill based on your usage pattern.
She/he Shall at all times ensure that the water meter is kept in good condition and is accessible to ELDOWAS for the purposes of Reading and Maintenance including testing.
- Liability of charges after ceasing to occupy the premises. The CUSTOMER Shall be charged a service charge, even if you are not using the service, until the disconnection has been confirmed and/or any of our infrastructure is returned to ELDOWAS /or the company has been requested to terminate service contract.
- The code of practice and procedures on leakage control. That the jurisdiction and responsibility of ELDOWAS shall be from the distribution line and up to the water meter only, however, the owner shall provide the necessary pipes and fittings in case replacement of the service pipe is needed. ELDOWAS will no case be liable for damage caused by the water leaking after the water meter and in the event that the customer may or may not be aware of the leak, the liabilities in respect to financial costs due to leaks after the water has passed the customer meter shall be borne by the customer.
- The standards accepted for effluent discharge. You must not discharge anything into the sewerage network other than ordinary domestic waste in ordinary domestic volumes, or permit anyone else to do so, without our prior written consent. Failure to comply with this clause may lead to criminal liability for pollution of the environment under the Land and Environment Act 2010.
- The code of practice and procedures on pollution prevention. The customer shall eliminate processes and activities that are likely to endanger the environment; and utilize the environment and natural resources for the benefit of the people in the area of Jurisdiction. The company will cooperate with State organs and other persons to protect and conserve the environment and ensure ecologically sustainable development and use of natural resources as required by law.
- The code of conduct in respect of entry on to land. The customer shall allow ELDOWAS’s authorized representatives to enter his/ her premises, during office hours or official overtime, for purposes of inspection of plumbing fixtures including meter testing, or as specified in the Maintenance Order, Service Request and/or Inspection. In case of an emergency however, ELDOWAS reserves the right to entry at any time without notice to interrupt water service for maintenance, repairs or extensions without any liability to the undersigned or owner of such premises for damages resulting there from.